He is right to a certain point. When harry potter came out when I was younger, so many of my "christian" friends were reading and watching it. I had a conviction that I didn't really want to read or watch them. Not because someone told me not to, my parents really didn't mind if i read them but because I didn't really want to. i never had a desire to get into them. Even today, i hear so many people talking about them and I just don't want to. Twilight on the other hand isn't really that different. I know what i believe and twilight wont cause me to believe in anything different. Although i was thinking about it and thought about what drew me to those books. The main reason I think is Edward. He is the perfect guy. I think that every girl longs and wants that perfect guy. the question is why do I want that perfect guy when I have Ben. The answer is cause I am a sinner, I want what I don't have. I want someone who gives me what I want and does everything for me. Well obviously that isn't what i have and i need to be thankful for what I have. I would rather look at twilight this way, I once heard that Edward is like Jesus! He is always there for us, loves us no matter what, protects us, watches over us, and is Perfect! As i began to look at "Edward" as Jesus and not as my "perfect man" my thoughts began to change and I looked at the movie differently. I am blessed beyond anything I could ever imagine and I want to be closer to Jesus, my perfect God!




No comments:
Post a Comment