I went to the doctors appointment on Tuesday. He had a little concern because I gained 9 pounds in a month. I'm not worried about it because I barely gained any weight before. I am now watching what I eat and eating more protein so that I don't eat as much. I'm drinking a whole lot of water too. I am having to force myself to drink it but I know that in the long run it will be better for my body. My doctor wants me to do a whole lot of blood tests to check my blood sugar and see if I have had fifths disease before. A couple of weeks ago there was a start of an outbreak of fifths disease. For anyone who doesn't know what it is. It is a rash that is very contagious. It isn't a big deal to most people. It is a big deal to those who have sickle cell disease and who are pregnant. If you are not more than half way through your pregnancy it could very well hurt or kill the baby. My doctor isn't worried about it because first I have worked with kids for a long time and have very well could have had it before and second I am more than half way through my pregnancy. So my plan is to get the blood work done on Monday. The doctor also said that they want me to have another ultrasound because they want to look at the kidneys again and make sure that everything is OK. Its nothing to worry about but I'm so excited to see him again! I'll get more pictures of him and that will be good.
We got a crib on EBay and we will hopefully get it next week. We are almost done cleaning out the room. We just don't have a lot of time during the week and last weekend was Ben's birthday and it was a whole lot of fun celebrating his birthday. We have been blessed by so many people. Ben's dad and mom have already bought a lot on our registry. We registered at Babies R Us and Target and are way excited about it. I have two showers that people are planning for me but we don't have any dates yet.
My ultrasound is on Monday and I'll update the info soon after that. You all have a great day!
Thursday, April 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I will keep the little one in my prayers. I'll have to ask my midwife about the Fifths Disease test...she hasn't said anything about it. I have to do my glucose test and rhogam shot Monday...yuck, so you you can pray for me in that.
ReplyDelete